During our family travels, we are always on the lookout for unique and creative places to see and visit (and stay at)! When researching a good place to stay on Salt Spring Island, we came across Frida’s Villa. I’m sure most of you know the famous Academy-Award Winning movie Frida starring Salma Hayak. Plus, I’m sure some of you are familiar with the amazing work of Frida Kahlo. When we looked at all the pictures on the website, we knew we had to stay at Frida’s Villa!!
The owner Tracy Harrison was super accommodating. When our first dates we wanted didn’t work out, she made sure that we were able to find another date that worked for both us and them! It was perfect because we were able to start the New Year on a trip to Salt Spring Island staying at the beautiful Frida’s Villa for 3 nights! A lot of the time was simply relaxing, playing with the kids, watching movies, reading books, planning the New Year, exploring the island, driving to the tourist spots, and enjoying our home away from home!
There are 3 different places you can stay at:
i) Frida’s Villa (this is where we stayed)
ii) Frida’s Cottage (this is where we did the interview below with Tracy!)
iii) Frida’s Casita (a smaller more economical option)
Some of the highlights from Frida’s Villa:
1) The incredible attention to detail
2) The Frida ambience (it was almost like Frida herself decorated the villa!)
3) The feeling of being in Mexico!
4) The welcome Margaritas
5) The freezer full of breakfast items for the first few days
6) The amazing entertainment centre (lots to keep our kids busy!)
7) The outdoor Garden Hot Tub & incredible Ocean View
8) The proximity to Beddis Beach and Ganges (the main town in Salt Spring Island)
9) Family-friendly, kid-friendly, and pet friendly
10) The warm welcome and hospitality of Tracy and Carl
We did several videos during our stay here:
1) Frida’s Villa – Video Tour
2) Interview with Tracy Harrison
3) Frida’s Villa – Video Highlights
Here’s the link to get more info and book your stay: