Here is a little background about Ricky Shetty and the Daddy Blogger website:
Ricky Shetty is the owner and operator of Daddy Blogger, where he writes about parenting from a father’s perspective, as well as the founder of Family Travel Bloggers, a website focused on inspiring parents to travel more with their kids. The website Daddy Blogger includes reviews of family-friendly products and services, restaurant reviews, car reviews, family travel recommendations, event recaps, interviews with dads, contests, giveaways, and more. Ricky also runs the YVR Media Group based out of Vancouver, Canada which includes:
1) YVR Bloggers – a community of over 1,000 Vancouver-based bloggers. We meet up regularly for educational, networking, and community building events
2) YVR Foodies – a monthly food event series at different restaurants and food venues around Vancouver
3) YVR Dads – a monthly education and networking event series focused on helping build strong fathers, marriages, and families
4) YVR Travellers – a biweekly event series teaching people how to make money while travelling around the world as a digital nomad
5) YVR Conferences – an annual conference series about Digital Marketing (including #SMMastery, #BlogMastery, & #IMMastery)
Reflections on Fatherhood:
1) RIANNE’S BIRTH (May 16, 2012) – this is the day my life was forever changed. On this day, our beautiful baby daughter Rianne was born at St Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver, Canada. The first year of parenting and fatherhood were definitely some of the best days of my life as I got to see all of my daughters’ firsts. First smile, first giggles, first time rolling over, (first poo leak), first time sitting up, first time crawling, first road trip, first time on an airplane, first time walking, first words, etc.
2) RYAN’S BIRTH (Nov 2, 2013) – my life changed all over again – this time with the birth of our son Ryan at BC Women’s Hospital. Ryan brings us so much joy and happiness just seeing him smile or laugh. I love watching our kids connecting, interacting, and playing with each other. Having young children of different genders is an incredible learning adventure and I hope I can share some of my memories with you through my blog posts.
3) RENZO’S BIRTH (May 6, 2016) – my life changed for the third time with the birth of Renzo at Burnaby General Hospital. Renzo is so full of joy…he cries A LOT…especially when he wants milk. His older siblings Rianne and Ryan love talking to him and interacting with him. Renzo is the youngest and is special in his own way. Our 3 kids have such unique personalities and it is a blessing from above to play a part in watching them grow up.
This blog was started to give a father’s perspective into parenting, to help expecting and new parents, and to create a lasting memory to share with Rianne and Ryan when they are older.
Here is a bit of background on me (the author, also known as: Daddy Blogger):
Ricky Shetty was born on Feb 12, 1977 at Richmond General Hospital in Vancouver, Canada. He grew up in North Vancouver attending Lynnmour Elementary School and Windsor High School and then graduated with a BA in Psychology from the University of British Columbia (UBC). During University, Ricky developed a passion for adventure and travel by backpacking around Europe.
After University, Ricky went to Tokyo, Japan to teach English (hence, the “tokyoricky” nickname for his email and Social Media username). After Japan, Ricky traveled around Asia arriving in Australia to do a Ministry in Leadership at Hillsong Bible College. Ricky did both a bungy jump and a skydive in New Zealand to satisfy his passion for adventure!
In 2008, Ricky returned to Vancouver, Canada where he worked as an ESL Teacher in Downtown. In 2010, Ricky met the love of his life, Anne, on the Greeting Team at Coastal Church. He planned and orchestrated one of the biggest proposals in Vancouver history with a huge flash mob at YVR as Anne arrived home from the Philippines (make sure you watch the video below).
They got married on the beautiful Wedding Yacht on Canada Day (July 1, 2011) and had an incredible honeymoon on a 7 day cruise to Alaska. On May 16, 2012, their beautiful baby daughter was born: Rianne. Ricky launched his website Daddy Blogger on Dec 1, 2012 at midnight with the purpose being to change the world…one dad at a time. On Nov 2, 2013, Ricky & Anne’s son Ryan was born at BC Women’s Hospital. Their small family of four live in North Burnaby enjoying life to the fullest, building community, and making a difference in the lives of others.
Ricky is the Amazon Best-Selling author of a book about fatherhood called “Wisdom from Daddies” which was released globally on Father’s Day (Sunday, June 16, 2013). The book contains the collective wisdom of over 100 dads from around the world on issues that every dad faces during their journey through fatherhood. Ricky runs a series of Conferences, Workshops, and Events in Vancouver, Canada about Social Media, Blogging, and Internet Marketing. Ricky is happy to do speaking engagements, media interviews, book signings, press trips, and product reviews.
Here are some videos from Ricky & Anne’s adventurous journey as parents:
Videos about our Family
Take a look at our YVR Proposal which was featured on several media outlets:
This is the beautiful wedding of Ricky & Anne with fireworks to end the night:
Here’s the first ever video of Rianne at St Paul’s Hospital:
Here’s Ricky Shetty speaking about Fatherhood at the YVR Dads Group in Vancouver:
Here’s the video highlights from Rianne’s first birthday party in Vancouver and Manila:
Here’s the book trailer to Wisdom from Daddies:
Here’s an interview with Ricky Shetty about fatherhood on Global TV:
Here’s a video where we let Rianne know she was having a sibling:
Here’s a video of our Gender Reveal:
Here’s the vision of Daddy Blogger:
Here’s a video of Ricky’s keynote speech “Boot Camp for New Dads” at Bellies to Babies
Here’s a video of our Family History:
Here’s our video called “Welcome Home, Ryan!”
Here’s our Daddy Blogger Video Headshot:
Here’s a video of Ricky & Anne’s Vow Renewal on Global TV:
Here’s Ricky sharing about “Work-Life Balance” at the Planetarium:
Here’s Ricky Workshop called “3 Tips to Being a Better Dad” at the Healthy Family Expo:
Here’s Ricky speaking about “Building Your Brand by Blogging Your Passion” at the BIL Conference:
Here’s Ricky’s appearance on CTV Morning Live talking about “Products for New Dads”:
Here’s the Birth of Renzo Video: